Tuesday, January 5, 2010

I'm back!

A cold has had me out of action the past few days and I daren't go near the blog in fear I might just whinge for a few pages. I know you have no interest in hearing about the symptoms of a common cold. But I am feeling much better so here's an update.

So a bit of run down of our last days in NYC, Gill took us to Soho for a bit of shopping (awesome) then to an Australian bar near her house called 'The Sunburnt Cow' it was fun, I think, can't really remember...

Then it was New Years Eve, Troy and I went to the Museum of Modern Art. It was cool, we saw a couple of Andy Warhols, some Picasso, some Monet and two Van Gough. Not being art buffs meant we sped through the floors pretty quickly because us hacks were just looking for the big names. Some of them are so familiar so it was weird seeing the real thing, all I kept thinking was how much are those things worth and what would happen if I grabbed it?



Then we wandered to Central Park and it was covered in snow. Troy wanted to go ice skating but the queue was huge (there are so many queues in NYC and it is freezing right now, am I bovered?) Saw many an Aussie, the strong $ has us taking over.


Troy: Let's go ice skating! Loz: Um...no!

Then we spent New Years at Gill's apartment which was fun except I was coming down with a killer cold so I was a party pooper. Then on the last day I spend a majority of it in bed, before Gilly and I went on a lady date to see this:

http://www.raceonbroadway.com/

James Spader was in it, so I was a little star struck. It was good, but Brooke and Richelle wouldn't be surprised to hear Gill and I found a few things wrong with it... ha ha.

So that was the end of New York. A huge shout out to Gill and Luke for taking us out and about, we are going to miss them! What a fabulous city and we didn't even get to scratch the surface. Then we got up unbelievably early and came to the most miserable place on earth, Montreal....kidding!

Well NYC is a hard act to follow and when we arrived it had been snowing for days and it continued to snow non-stop for the first two days we were here. Plus I spent two days in bed sleeping off my cold. So not the highlight of our trip so far, but a few good moments:
1) A steak at The Keg. This meal was worth freezing for.



2) The Notre Dame Basilica. An incredible church.



3) Catching up on sleep so we are right and ready for Vancouver and WHISTLER!



It has some beautiful places, but it is hard to tell when they are under 30cm of snow. Plus it is dead, all the smart people have clearly vacated until Summer, which is when this city shines apparently.

But you live and learn, and I will never again whinge about the cold in Australia.

So off to Vancouver today, with an ice hockey match tonight.


x

3 comments:

  1. I am all kinds of jealous. glad you're feeling better.
    GT
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loz - I'm so proud that you haven't focused these blogs on the whinge factor of cold and flu. You are a funny sausage and I can't wait for the next instalment.
    DB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Getting sick, and worried that you're missing out on all the fun, is all part of a holiday! Poor Troy - his day in bed is still to come... Obviously, your still having a ball. Great Pics. Love you lots xx

    ReplyDelete